AboCoders aims at encouraging more girls to venture into STEM fields particularly ICT, bridging the ‘Digital Divide’ thus improving the quality of education in Nigeria and as a result reducing the poverty level in the country with a focus on Northern Nigeria.
Our objectives are:
• To scout for girls that are interested in STEM fields
• To increase digital literacy in young girls in Nigeria
• To increase female involvement in the creation of ICT solutions in Nigeria
• To create a community of highly competent female coders who can create secure & sustainable livelihoods
And to achieve these objectives, the following are our activities:
1. Digital Literacy Training
2. Coding/Programming Training
3. Business Development & Financial Literacy Training
4. Mentorship and Internship Scheme
P.S: We work to have as much fun as we can too. Fun is part of learning!